1. We meet at Chester Avenue car park in Clitheroe for all walks except Wednesday evening walks, which meet at the start of the walk. Chester Avenue car park is behind the train station and Interchange (SD741421). We encourage walkers to meet at Chester Avenue to share cars and to give lifts to people without cars. If you wish to go direct to the start of the walk, please contact the leader to confirm details, as the meeting point is sometimes changed.
2. Passengers usually make a voluntary contribution towards fuel expenses and this should be arranged with the driver.
3. Children are welcome on walks as long as the leader considers the activity to be suitable for them and they are accompanied by a parent/guardian/carer. Children over 14 can participate with written consent from a parent.
4. Dogs are welcome and should be kept under control. However dogs are not allowed on some access land.
5. Please do not walk in front of the leader unless requested to do so. People going ahead force the pace of the walk and make it difficult to keep the group together.
6. The length of walks should be as stated on the programme. One mile more or less than the stated distance is acceptable.
7. Prospective members are welcome to attend a few walks before they join but are then expected to join the Ramblers Association. Forms and details are available from the membership secretary. Walk leaders must be members.
8. Members are encouraged to take part in all the activities of the group. This could be leading walks, doing footpath work, being on the committee or helping with social events.
9. All accidents and incidents, which take place on walks should be reported to the group secretary for inclusion in the accident book.
10. Walk participants should carry a contact number on their mobile phone or easily accessible in their rucksack in case of emergency.
11. Please observe the Country Code at all times